Starting March 1, 2023 until July 1, 2023
10 hours per week, Remote
Utah Film Center is seeking a graphic design intern to be part of our dynamic marketing team. Over the course of this internship, roles and responsibilities may include:
- Creating graphic images for social media, web, printed collateral and more
- Updating existing design templates and layouts with upcoming event information
- Creating new graphic templates based on our style guide
- Ensuring the consistency and continuity of graphics and brand in print and online
- Contributing to a content calendar and brainstorming ideas for how to tell stories visually to promote upcoming events and programs
We are a small non-profit organization so communication, teamwork, time management, and interpersonal skills are absolutely essential to our success. This person will be fully integrated into our open office environment and will be treated equal to all other full-time staff members. This position reports to the Marketing Director and will be evaluated on collaborative attitude, time and project management, quality of work, and creative problem solving.
As graphic design intern, you will help carry out Utah Film Center’s vision of a more informed and engaged community. This position is an integral puzzle piece to carry out Utah Film Center’s greater mission of inspiring and engaging diverse audiences to initiate conversation and community building through curated film exhibition, education, and artist support programs. The ideal candidate would be adept at engaging in the social media realm as well as the community at large. We’re looking for a creative and innovative person who respects deadlines, processes and procedures that are essential to working in a collaborative team environment.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Indesign
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- 2+ years of experience in graphic design
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
About the Utah Film Center
Utah Film Center brings the world of film to local audiences through free community screenings and discussions, outreach programs, and visiting artists and professionals. Emphasizing social content and artistic excellence, we present the best documentary, independent, and dramatic cinema year-round. We collaborate with various educational and community organizations to promote a diversity of ideas, to provide forums for underrepresented groups, and to develop new audiences for film. Utah Film Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.